American wanderer Julie Byrne announces a seven date ‘Not Even Happiness’ UK tour in May 2017.
The tour starts on May 21st in Bristol and will call in at London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Todmorden and Glasgow through until the 28th. Tickets are on sale now; all dates and info here.
Byrne’s critically acclaimed second album Not Even Happiness was released last month (13 January 2017) via Basin Rock. The album vividly archives what would have otherwise been lost to the road – bustling roadside diners, the stars over the high desert, the aching weariness of change, the wildflowers of the California coast, as well as the irresolvable mysteries of love.
What the press has been saying:
- “Byrne paints sublime, awestruck moments when simple things become overwhelming.” Pitchfork, Best New Music
- “Here is something special” ★★★★★ The Times
- “a beautiful, otherworldly take on classic folk and Americana…. one of the albums of the year” NME
- “there’s so much to love about Not Even Happiness: the lightness of the finger-picked acoustic guitar patterns, the flute and string interludes, the plaintive timbre in Byrne’s voice recalling fellow outsider folk figures Anne Briggs and Karen Dalton.” ★★★★ MOJO
- “otherworldy and other-timely… for all its dreaminess, it never seems fey or contrived… stunning.” The Guardian
Agent contact: Liam Keightley