Adele sent an acceptance video to the ceremony: “It means the world to me” – she said – “I’m somewhere pretty dry – hence the fake bush behind me, to make it look like I’m somewhere nice.”
Agent contact: Lucy Dickins
Vintage Trouble have announced a headline tour of the UK in May and June, along with European headline and festival dates in June and July 2017.
The seven date UK tour will call in at Exeter, Bristol, Cardiff, Bexhill On Sea, Wolverhampton, Manchester, culminating on June 08th at London’s O2 Shepherd’s Bush Empire.
Tickets on general sale Friday February 24th at 9am. Info for all dates can be found here.
To celebrate the 10-year anniversary of Brandi Carlile’s breakthrough album The Story, legendary and up-and-coming artists are covering the album in its entirety. Cover Stories will be released on May 5th 2017 on Columbia Records and all proceeds from this new interpretation of The Story will go to War Child UK.
We’re pleased to welcome the following artists who have recently joined the ITB Family:
- Baby In Vain – represented by Steve Zapp
- Echobelly – represented by Steve Zapp
- Petrol Girls – represented by Olivia Sime
- The Cult – represented by Steve Zapp
For their forthcoming gigs, keep an eye on our tour calendar.
Weaver will play live shows at Birmingham’s Hare & Hounds (May 18), Band On The Wall in Manchester (May 19) and London’s Lexington (May 22).
- Secret Company supporting Fenech-Soler in the UK, February-March
- Eliza and the Bear supporting ITB’s Little Comets in the UK, February-March
- The Xcerts supporting You Me At Six on selected European dates, March
- Broods supporting Tove Lo in Europe and the UK, March
- Big Spring supporting Decade in the UK, March
- The Hyena Kill supporting The Virginmarys in the UK, March
- Klangstof supporting ITB’s Jagwar Ma in Europe and the UK, March
- Grumble Bee supporting The Ultraviolet in Boston, UK March 25th
- Jordan Mackampa supporting Rhiannon Giddens in Europe and the UK, March-April
- Lonely The Brave and Fatherson supporting Mallory Knox in the UK, March-April
- Tigress supporting Counterfeit in Europe and the UK, March-April
- Baby In Vain supporting ITB’s PINS in the UK, April
- Toseland supporting The Brew in Europe, April
- H. Hawkline supporting ITB’s Devendra Banhart in Europe and the UK, April
- Megadeth supporting Anthrax in Japan, May
- PINS supporting Maximo Park in the UK, May
More info on all dates, artists and remaining tickets here.
Congratulations to Adele (five awards), Ryan Tedder, Bob Dylan and Megadeth who won awards at the 59th annual Grammy Awards last night. Adele makes history as the only artist in Grammy history to sweep the Album, Record and Song of the Year twice. The winners are:
- Record of the Year: Adele for ‘Hello‘
- Album of the Year: Adele and Ryan Tedder (producer) for ’25’
- Song of the Year: Adele for ‘Hello’
- Best Pop Solo Performance: Adele for ‘Hello’
- Best Pop Vocal Album: Adele for ’25’
- Best Metal Performance: Megadeth for ‘Dystopia‘
- Best Historical Album: Bob Dylan for ‘The Cutting Edge 1965-1966: The Bootleg Series, Vol. 12 (Collector’s Edition)
Adele opened the show with a stunning performance of her hit ‘Hello’ and also performed a sombre version of ‘Fastlove’ in an emotional tribute to George Michael. Watch it here.
Adele won 5 out of the 5 Grammys she was nominated for, taking her Grammys total to 15! Watch her acceptance speech for the Best Album Award, presented to her by Faith Hill and Tim McGraw.
American wanderer Julie Byrne announces a seven date ‘Not Even Happiness’ UK tour in May 2017.
The tour starts on May 21st in Bristol and will call in at London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Todmorden and Glasgow through until the 28th. Tickets are on sale now; all dates and info here.
Byrne’s critically acclaimed second album Not Even Happiness was released last month (13 January 2017) via Basin Rock. The album vividly archives what would have otherwise been lost to the road – bustling roadside diners, the stars over the high desert, the aching weariness of change, the wildflowers of the California coast, as well as the irresolvable mysteries of love.
Isle of Wight band Plastic Mermaids announce a headline UK tour in April and May 2017.
The spring tour calls in at Cardiff, Bristol, Newcastle, Hebden Bridge, Leeds, Salford, Glasgow and London, and includes two festival performances: Live At Leeds and Sounds From Another City. Tickets for the headline shows are on sale Friday Feb 10th at 10am; festival tickets are already on sale.