Richard Ashcroft returns to the live stage to play three solo, acoustic shows at Zermatt Unplugged in Zurich, Switzerland on the 22nd of October; BIME Festival in Bilbao, Spain October 31st, and Corona Capital in Mexico City, Mexico on November 22nd.
Ashcroft’s last live European performance was at the UK’s Latitude Festival in July 2013.
Festival info and ticket links here.
Agent contact: Rod MacSween
Congrats to ITB’s Lucy Dickins and Mo Green, along with Mumford & Sons and The Who, who’ve all received nominations for Live UK Music Business Awards 2015. Now in its sixth year, the awards recognise excellence in the the country’s contemporary live music industry.
- LUCY DICKINS – Best Agent. Lucy, one of our senior agents, represents artists such as Mumford & Sons, Adele, Laura Marling, Hot Chip and Vance Joy. Lucy’s full roster here
- MO GREEN – Unsung Hero. Mo has worked with senior agent Mike Dewdney for 11 years and been at ITB for 13 years. Together Mo and Mike work on a roster including Deftones, Tori Amos, Kasabian, Blink 182, , Lonely The Brave, Down and Eels. Their full roster here
- THE WHO – Best Festival Performance for their incredible headline slot at this year’s Glastonbury Festival; the band continue to celebrate their 50 year anniversary
- MUMFORD & SONS – Best Festival Performance for their stunning headline slot at this year’s Leeds Festival. They’re touring the UK in November/December
- ADAM TUDHOPE, EVERYBODY’S MANAGEMENT – Artiste Manager of the Year for Mumford & Sons’ exceptional year
The album was recorded in Los Angeles with Tony Hoffer (Beck, Air, Depeche Mode, Belle & Sebastian), producer of their smash debut album ‘Costello Music’. “This album is the sound of freedom and the sound of a band at the peak of their powers” – FOPP
London electronic pop trio Real Lies have announced their debut album ‘Real Life’, out 16th October via Marathon Artists. The album, produced by Dan Foat and Nathan Boddy, coincides with a five date UK tour. All tour dates and ticket info here.
Watch the video for ‘Seven Sisters’ here.
Agent contact: Lucy Dickins.
We’d like to welcome the following artists who’ve recently joined our roster of talent:
- Maize – represented by Phyllis Belezos
- Man & The Echo – represented by Phyllis Belezos
- Mabel Rogers – represented by Phyllis Belezos
- Royce Wood Junior – represented by Chris Payne
For their forthcoming tour dates keep an eye on our website tour calendar.
Five ITB artists are included in the nominations for the 5th annual AIM Independent Music Awards. The awards recognises the real heroes of music; those who do things their own way, make phenomenal music and inspire us all with their creativity, commitment & brilliance.
2015 nominations shortlist:
- Hardest Working Band or Artist: Little Comets (agent contact Steve Zapp)
- Independent Video of the Year: Ibeyi for ‘River’ (agent contact Lucy Dickins)
- Best Live Act: Twin Atlantic (agent contact Steve Zapp)
- PPL Award for Most Played New Independent Act: Ward Thomas (agent contact Phyllis Belezos)
- Independent Album of the Year: The Xcerts for ‘There Is Only You’ (agent contact Steve Zapp)
Congratulations to all our artists.
You can vote for Best Live Act here.
The 2015 AIM Independent Music Awards will take place on 8th September, at The Brewery in London, hosted by XFM’s John Kennedy and BBC Radio 1’s Alice Levine.
Check out our artists’ forthcoming tour dates here.
The Lemonheads‘ first UK and Eire tour in over three years is taking place this October. The seven date tour – including Belfast and Dublin – starts in Birmingham October 1st and finishes at London’s Indig02 October 8th. Cardiff is now sold out. All dates and ticket info here.
The line-up features Evan Dando (vocals/guitar), Chris Brokaw (guitar), Todd Philips (drums) and Jen Turner (bass).
Watch the video for their classic track ‘It’s A Shame About Ray‘.
Agent contact: Steve Zapp
Black has become the alt-hero of the Welsh pop scene, writing sparkling melodies with a gift for a deft lyrical turn. The album is the follow up to Welsh Music Prize nominated ‘I’m a Dancer/Songs About Sleeping’.
Following a sold out London show in May and a handful of summer festivals, including the forthcoming sold out Green Man Festival, Black will embark on a full-band UK headline tour in September. The tour kicks off in Leeds on September 16th and culminates in a show at Cardiff’s Globe on the 3rd of October. All tour dates and ticket info here.
On release day, August 14th, Black plays a free solo, acoustic show at Rough Trade East, London.
Agent contact: Liam Keightley
LA blues, soul and rock band Vintage Trouble release their second album 1 Hopeful Rd on Friday August 14th 2015. Produced by three-time Grammy Award-winner and Blue Note Records (the band’s US label) president Don Was.
Yahoo! described them as “James Brown singing lead for Led Zeppelin”, The New York Times named the band a “modern-day answer to Otis Redding”, and BBC Radio 6 anointed them “the heirs of rhythm and blues.”